Nurse may have been electrocuted while having a shower

A CARE home nurse whose death is being treated as 'unexplained' by police may have been electrocuted a preliminary hearing has heard.

The body of Suzanne Baskerville, 57, was discovered in the shower at her home, in Prince George Street, Cheadle, by her mother on April 21.

Suzanne, who had worked at Trentham House Care Home, in Stoke-on-Trent, since November, was pronounced dead by paramedics after they were called to the property.

North Staffordshire assistant coroner Sarah Murphy said: "She [Suzanne] spoke to her mum before going to the bathroom. She locked the door and stayed in for some time.

"At 10pm her mum knocked and got no answer and went to bed. When she woke up she found the hallway flooded.

"She got assistance to get in the bathroom and Miss Baskerville was found in the shower collapsed with water running.

"An ambulance was called, but very sadly she was deceased. We have reason to suspect, at this stage, that the deceased may have been electrocuted.

"There is therefore reason to suspect that the death was unnatural. The family will be given a progress update in six weeks time."



53 views

© 2020 Lasar Radio | All Rights Reserved

    Site Created By Lasar Radio

Get In Touch:

Call: 01538 528 466

Text: 07376 194 154

Find us: 

20-22 Bank House, St Edward Street, Leek, Staffordshire, ST13 5DS.